Monday, March 30, 2009

Said if I could go back and make it happen faster, don't you know I would baby, if I could

Wowemy. Another post. Whatever. I knew it would be like this, haha.

So yeah. That Keri Hilson song. It's been stuck in my head for the past week now....though that's my own fault since I've been playing it on repeat since Tuesday or so. Well...it's a good song. But my main focus on this song is Ne-Yo's verse, especially the words that are present in this post's title.

"Said if I could go back and make it happen faster, don't you know I would baby, if I could."

You have no idea how true this statement is.
Oh yeah. Funny thing is, this applies in general and to specific situations as well.


It's not that I have any regrets or anything. Far from it. I'm so incredibly pleased. But the words still ring true. If I could go back and make it happen faster or earlier, I would do so in a heartbeat. If I could.


But since I can't, then I guess I'll have to settle for what's transpired.
And you know what? If that's what settling is, then I'll do it right this second.
In fact, I'm kind of torn, to be honest. Having it be earlier is a good thing. But, I am just so darn delighted, ecstatic, joyous, jubilant, overjoyed, pleased, thrilled, gleeful, elated, etc. that I also don't want to change things.

Yeah. Contentment is a very good feeling.

So I just realized that I'm totally saying two things. They are:

1. I would love to have it be so that things started earlier.
2. Things are good. I wouldn't change them for the world.

Both are true statements. Both apply. But in the end, 2 wins out. Why? Contentment and happiness > things that won't happen


So again. I'm content. And I love it. The overall joy that's caused is reason enough to keep going.
And like I said earlier, because of that joy, I'm going to give it my 100% to make sure I return the favor and keep you happy as well.




P.S. All of this contentment and jubilation and whatnot is for everything. Overall. All of it. Not just any one day. Not just any one event. The combination of it all is what makes it all work.

P.P.S. The combination of it all. Just like I've said. The combination of it all means that the question to ask me isn't, "Why?" Instead it is, "What took you so long to see it and go for it?"
Combine all of those things that I mentioned to you together in that whole package, and you get one effective missile.


P.P.P.S. I don't expect people to fully understand what I'm saying in these last few notes, except a select few. And when I ask you about it, you'd better answer me, telling me exactly what it is I'm saying, haha.



And oh yeah. I love this.
http://xkcd.com/162/

1 comment: