Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spring Quarter....and beyond

Wow. I register in 4 days, and I only know, for sure, one of the three classes I'm taking. After I take this class, I am free to graduate, so I technically only need to take five credits. The EE department has no problem with that. However, my loan does; I need to be a fully-matriculated student in order to reap the benefits of that loan. Therefore, I'll need 7 more credits, and choosing which classes to take is a pain.

I know I'm definitely taking EE 478. I will probably end up taking EE 351 too, just so I can say that I have taken a power class. The third class is the hard one. Hard in terms of choosing, that is. Right now, with 478 being my capstone class, I will definitely want to take an easy class. I also really want to take a class with at least one other person (it's been pretty lonely in EE these past two years).

Easy class = Astronomy 150
People class = AES 151

Decisions, decisions.

Does the fact that I've never taken a class like 151 hinder or encourage me? How about the fact that I used to love astronomy when I was younger? Do I factor in which people are taking these classes?

Pros for 150: easy, astronomy-related
Cons for 150: 80 minute lecture, the classroom it's in

Pros for 151: the people I know who are definitely taking it, the fact that it's a Bonus class, the fact that I've never taken a class like this
Cons for 151: not as easy as 150, the fact that I've never taken a class like this, the fact that I have to wait until period 2 to register


GAH!

Oh and by the way......holy crap I'm graduating in a quarter. That thought thrills me, yet also completely scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment