Friday, February 27, 2009

Lenten Updates

I haven't been up on this thing for a while so I'm going to post up what I've decided to give up for Lent since it has begun yet again.

I am giving up:
Cussing
Soda
Coffee (or basically, Starbucks)
Being mean/insulting people

And wow.
In the two+ days that have passed since Lent began on Wednesday, I've already messed up on two of them. I've realized that in order for me to completely avoid cussing, I need to not drive at all, as my road rage and annoyances with other drivers overcome my desire to not say anything. GAH. Also, in order to stop being mean and insulting people, I really should just keep my mouth shut....or at least avoid certain people who typically elicit such responses.

It will be a trying (now) 45 days. Pray for me.

By the way, if you do catch me doing any one of these, feel free to hit me in the arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment